Posted by Mycah on January 21, 2009

The original motion picture soundtrack for He’s Just Not That Into You will be released by New Line Records on February 3rd, in time for the February 6th film release. Pre-order your copy at Amazon. Scarlett will sing on one of the tracks, called “Last Goodbye”. You can listen to the sample on Barnes & Noble.com. The song sounds really pretty, and very different from the Tom Waits covers.

1. I’d Like To (Corinne Bailey Rae)
2. I’m Amazed (My Morning Jacket)
3. Don’t You Want Me (Human League)
4. Supernatural Superserious (R.E.M.)
5. Madly (Tristan Prettyman)
6. This Must Be The Place (Talking Heads)
7. By Your Side (Black Crows)
8. I Must Be High (Wilco)
9. You Make It Real (James Morrison)
10. If I Never See Your Face Again (Maroon 5)
11. Can’t Hardly Wait (The Replacements)
12. Fruit Machine (Ting Tings)
13. Smile (Lilly Allen)
14. Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
15. Love, Save The Empty (Erin McCarley)
16. Friday I’m In Love (Cure)
17. Last Goodbye (Scarlett Johansson)

8 Responses to “He’s Just Not That Into You Soundtrack”
Jeroen

FYI: another cover…this one’s originally from Jeff Buckley. Beautiful song…

January 22, 2009 at 09:04
Jango

Surprising! Who thought she could sing like that :smile:

January 22, 2009 at 12:41
Tomás.

Cool ! She is a really great singer.

January 22, 2009 at 18:51
Lilu

she is amazing!!I love her voice and how she sings!! I adore her song albumn!!!Thanx for this information!!!

January 26, 2009 at 02:26
j.j

wow… it’s surprisingly good

I just hope she keeps this style for her next record… AILMH is not a bad album but the voice effects make it sounds terrible :/

January 27, 2009 at 14:58
Andrew

Did Scarlet choose to cover Jeff Buckley, or did someone else tell her to? If she is a fan of Mr. Buckley, and respects his music, wouldn’t she just leave it alone, since it is amazing by itself? I am not arguing her talent or ability, but venting frustration that Mr. Buckley’s talent as a singer and as a songwriter is defined by songs like Grace and Last Goodbye, and I don’t know why anyone, a fan or not, would have Miss Johansson cover the song, no matter what her talent/ability is. Just another decision by marketing management, or was this a conceptual choice with little regard for respect?

January 27, 2009 at 16:56

Well, she plays an apiring singer in the movie, no? So chances are very high she sings in character in one of the scenes and that’s the reason why it’s on the soundtrack. Anyone seen the movie who could confirm this?

February 6, 2009 at 10:05

Thanks for this, gonna add this as a site to watch

February 18, 2009 at 16:36