Scarlett Johansson as Meg Windermere
Scarlett Johansson’s Role
Scarlett Johansson plays the sweet ingénue Meg Windermere. The character is a real lady, restrained and polite, and very much in love with her husband. It must be mentioned that the costumes of the film are absolutely beautiful and Scarlett looks absolutely stunning in each frame.
… Helen Hunt
Trivia & Facts
• A Good Woman is a theatrical version of Oscar Wilde’s 1892 four-act comedy, “Lady Windemere’s Fan”.
• Joseph Fiennes was originally offered the role of Lord Darlington, but turned it down to play Bassanio in Michael Radford’s adaptation of The Merchant of Venice (2004).
Quotes: Scarlett Johansson
• “I play Lady Windermere and have a young husband. We have a nice sort of affectionate scene with one another. We’re adapting an Oscar Wilde and there aren’t many ‘Let’s get it on’ moments in Wilde. We’re very cuddly. My co-star’s name is Mark Umbers. He’s British and very beautiful. He looks like John F. Kennedy Jr.”
• “Helen is really sweet, actually – very professional on the set, which is good because everybody else is goofy and ridiculous. I love Tom so much and told the producers I wouldn’t do the movie without him. We’re shooting in Rome and Ravello, and Helen was there with her boyfriend and we all hung out downstairs eating French fries at the hotel bar because we were all so dying for food that wasn’t Italian. It’s delicious food, but day after day you get so bloated. We have insane night schedules. At first when you’re doing night shoots, it’s like, ‘Wow, this is fun being up all hours. It’s like a sleepover.’ Cut to two days later and people are just mean.”
• Tom Wilkinson on Scarlett:
Quotes: Her Character
• “No, of course not. I wouldn’t.”
• Official Site
• Internet Movie Database
• News Archive