Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Scarlett Johansson’s Role
Scarlett will be playing both Natasha Romanoff, the new Tony Stark’s secretary, and her alter ego, the Black Widow. You can learn about Black Widow on Wikipedia.
… Robert Downey Jr.
Trivia & Facts
• Originally Emily Blunt was cast as Black Widow but due to do her declining of the project it went to Scarlett.
• Scarlett dyed her hair vivid red for the role.
• Johansson apparently wanted the role of Black Widow so badly that she dyed her hair before she even got the part.
Quotes: Scarlett Johansson
• “Certainly there is a major geek within me. Actually, just kind of right on the surface. When I saw the first one it was because my Mom called me and said ‘Did you see “Iron Man”?’ I was like ‘Iron Man’? ‘I would see it but it’s not really my kind of thing.’ I thought if my Mom is telling me to see ‘Iron Man’ it’s got to be great. It’s not like my Mom is a comic book fan. When I went to see it I was just so blown away. I had never seen anything like that before in this genre.”
• Marcel Pariseau (her publicist) about the casting
• “There’s sort of two sides to my character. She’s a bit of a shape-shifter, I suppose. There’s a side of the character that’s kind of demure and sort of covert and kind of a part of … I wouldn’t say she’s submissive, but she’s kind of blending in to Stark Industries. And then the other part of the character is a really aggressive, bad-ass character that’s sure of herself and going to kick the shit out of you if you get in her way.”
• Official Site
• Internet Movie Database