Scarlett Johansson as Amanda
Scarlett Johansson’s Role
… Mary Kay Place
Trivia & Facts
• In Manny & Lo Scarlett’s family (Parents, Vanessa, Hunter) makes a short appearance as the golf family. Scarlett’s character Manny and her film sister Lo are watching them when they’re talking about maybe going to choose a family for Lo’s baby.
• Manny & Lo was the first film Scarlett had a starring role – it is the first film that really showcased what potential Scarlett had.
• She was nominated for a Independent Spirit Award as Best Actress for this role.
Quotes: Scarlett Johansson
• Scarlett on the production “Then I did Manny & Lo, and I think when I did that I was able to act naturally, the way that a 10-year-old should act. I don’t know why it happened, but it was just a different kind of acting for me. It wasn’t like fake acting. I could just do it.”
• Scarlett on Manny “Manny was definitely a character as such, a real person.”
• Scarlett on Mary Kay Place “I’ve been fortunate to work with a lot of great people. Mary Kay Place was awesome; just to be able to watch her, she’s such a brilliant actress and she absorbs her character so well. When we did scenes together there was no tension, it just came naturally from our gut.”
Quotes: Her Character
• Official Site
• Internet Movie Database
• News Archive