Scarlett Johansson as Anna
Scarlett Johansson’s Role
Scarlett Johansson plays Anna Taylor, a pilates instructor and aspiring singer who has an affair with a married man and hopes that he will leave his wife for her.
… Jennifer Aniston
Trivia & Facts
• Production began September 10, 2007 in Los Angeles. Filming also took place in Baltimore.
• When Conor shows Anna the house he intends to buy for both of them, she gets excited about the fold-away ironing board. This is a reference to when Scarlett Johansson’s character did a similar thing in Ghost World.
• The same-titled-book the movie is based on was a line featured in an Sex and the City 2003 episode “Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little”.
• Shipped to theaters under the code name “Boy Trouble”.
Quotes: Scarlett Johansson
• “I was attracted to the film because it wasn’t about the romance of the geeky guy who turns out to be prince charming, but about women supporting each other and friendships and strong women. All the characters in it are independent and very different from each other.”
• “It got an all star cast – a lot of the reason I wanted to do the project was so I could get to know Drew Barrymore. She’s a fantastic role model. She’s fun, she’s an avid reader, a real book worm – it’s fascinating to meet people who read that much and know all kinds of strange random things.”
• “I just hope that audiences have a good time and are entertained and, I hope that it’s the kind of film where people can watch it and be like, ‘Oh my God, the same thing happened to me’ or whatever. The script felt very real to me and honest so I hope that the audience has that same reaction that I had when I read it, which was sort of like, you can’t believe how some of these scenarios relate so closely with your own life or your best friends’ life. I hope that people will enjoy it and think it’s funny.”
• “She definately gives Connor some really mixed signals, which I think it’s something that people do sometimes when they feel like they need attention or need affection or to kinda feel good about themselves. It’s nice for her to have this guy around who’s kinda waiting on her hand and foot but at the same time she enjoys his company, she’s not interested in having a future with him but I think that frustrates him a lot.”
Quotes: Her Character
• “You have an ass that makes me wanna dry hump!”
• Official Site
• Internet Movie Database
• News Archive