Scarlett Johansson as Silken Floss
Scarlett Johansson’s Role
Scarlett plays a dangerous beauty named Silken Floss. She is described as “a punk secretary and frigid vixen”. Eisner’s strip was known for its women with dangerous curves, and Miller is intent on keeping that tradition. Floss is a sexy and intelligent secretary with a vindictive instinct, making her the perfect accomplice to The Octopus, an evil mastermind.
… Gabriel Macht
Trivia & Facts
• Shooting began in October 2007 in Albuquerque Studios, New Mexico.
• Gabriel Macht co-starred with Scarlett in A Love Song for Bobby Long.
• Eva Mendes co-starred with Scarlett in My Brother the Pig.
• A few seconds after Octopus mentions “Star Trek,” Silken Floss says the words “cling on,” similar to the race “Klingon” in the Star Trek universe.
Quotes: Scarlett Johansson
• Director Frank Miller, on Scarlett: “Originally, there wasn’t a role slated for her. You’re first struck by her beauty, but when you delve deeper and find out how much wit is there, you’d have to be an idiot not to write a part for her.”
• “I don’t think I’m necessarily the bad guy, I’m just very determined, that’s all. I sit next to Samuel L. Jackson’s character and all of a sudden I become evil.”
• Eva Mendes, on working with Scarlett: “My favourite sequence is my scene with Scarlett because I love her and we worked together like 10 years ago and it was very nice, she’s like a beautiful little sister that is smarter than me and wiser than I am. So that was beautiful to me.”
Quotes: Her Character
• “On your knees, then!”
• “What a fine detective. You followed the breadcrumbs right to us.”
• “We knew there had to be a better way of keeping someone alive other than cutting them up like some free-range chicken.”
• Official Site
• Internet Movie Database
• News Archive